Fireproof products exported to Russia must be issued with a Russian fireproof certificate. The Russian Federation government issued a technical specification on fire safety requirements on July 22, 2008. The technical specification came into effect and began implementation on May 1, 2009. The Russian fire certificate is an official document proving that the product complies with the technical specification.
Fire safety certification is provided for in the Russian Federation law "Fire Safety", which came into effect on December 21, 1994. A fire safety certificate certifies that a particular material or structure meets fire safety standards, and it is also a prerequisite for obtaining a GOST R compliance certificate.
The fire safety certificate is similar to other certification systems such as GOST R. Depending on the annual export volume, two different types of fire safety certificates can be selected: delivery batch certificate and mass production certificate. The delivery batch certificate is also for the batch products listed in the foreign trade contract, and the certificate is only valid for the batch products. The fire certificate is divided into single batch, 1 year period and 3 year period. The certified products can be used for an unlimited number of times and an unlimited number of valid periods.
The Russian fire certificate is divided into two types: one year validity and three year validity.
List of products applicable to fire safety certification detailed in Government Decree No. 241 of March 17, 2009. The fire safety certification object is the products of industry, construction industry and enterprise activities, including the following products:
1. Electrical products (transformers, cables, circuit breakers, heaters, etc.);
2. Heating products (gas stoves, barbecue grills, heaters, etc.);
3. Fire alarm, fire fighting, fire monitoring, fire extinguishing equipment and protective equipment;
4. Materials (PVC board, decorative board, insulation material, plastic, insulation material, etc.);
5. Building materials (fire-resistant materials, doors, fire dampers, cable ducts and pipes, etc.).
1. English or Russian application form
2. Business license
3. ISO9001 and other system certificates
4. Product description or technical documents
5. Sample test (if required by the product)
6. Product pictures
7. Other required information
1. Submit certification application (product name and model, specifications, international customs code, etc.);
2. According to the application, experts make appraisal and provide the most accurate and effective authentication scheme;
3. Prepare certification materials under the guidance of professional certification engineers.
4. Review the factory and sample testing (if the certification scheme has this requirement);
5. The organization reviews the qualification of the factory, appraises the submitted materials, and issues the draft certificate
6. Issue certificate, electronic version and original receipt.
A certification body will conduct a technical evaluation of the product and issue a fire safety certificate after confirming that the product meets the Russian fire safety standards.
(1) Evaluation procedure: The evaluation procedure includes the evaluation of technical documents, supervisory visits, sampling, analysis, type testing in accredited laboratories (tests related to flame retardancy and toxic radioactivity in the event of fire), and factory inspection .
(2) Fire safety certificate: Similar to other certification systems such as GOSTR, depending on the annual export volume, there are two different types of fire safety certificates that can be delivered: batch certificate or batch production certificate. Their evaluation procedures are the same.
The fire safety delivery certificate is only valid for a certain batch of exported products, and is suitable for occasional export to Russia. The identity of the Russian customer or importer must be proved through a contract or invoice.
Standard coordination, measurement and certification activities that are required to pass the fire safety standards are under the responsibility of the State Fire Safety Supervision Department, which is one of the components of the Russian Ministry of Civil Defense, Emergency and Natural Disaster Clearance. Before 2001, the State Fire Safety Supervision Department Is a subordinate unit of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs. The fire safety certificate is issued by a certification body that is recognized by the Ministry of Fire Safety and conducts certification activities on behalf of the Ministry of Fire Safety.